Aus dem Tomb Raider Tumblr-Forum kamen jetzt neue Details zu Crystal Dynamics neuestem Streich Rise of the Tomb Raider, dass exklusiv nur für Xbox One und Xbox 360 erscheinen soll, ans Tageslicht. Demnach steht in den FAQs zu dem Titel, dass er vorerst nur auf Xbox erscheinen wird, aber irgendwann einmal auch andere Plattformen mit dem Titel erreichen möchte. Demzufolge ist der Titel dann also “nur” Zeit exklusiv.
Die genauen FAQ möchten wir euch hier noch einmal auflisten:
Thank you for sending us your comments and questions. We looked through the posts on several channels and collected the questions you asked the most into the following FAQ.
- What does exclusive to Xbox mean? It means that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming Holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Does the exclusive to Xbox have a duration? Is it timed? How long is the duration? Can we expect a PlayStation 4 or PC release in the future? Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- Did Crystal Dynamics know about this deal? Yes, Crystal Dynamics is excited to be partnering with Microsoft to make the best game possible. As Darrell mentioned in his message, we have a long history with Microsoft and they have been a very strong supporter of the franchise. They will help us grow and nurture the Tomb Raider franchise more than ever before.
- Were the fans considered when making this decision? Are Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix aware of the franchise history with PlayStation and on PC? Of course. We did not make this decision lightly. Our goal is to build the best game that we possibly can, and our relationship with Microsoft will help us realize our vision for the game.
- Why didn’t Microsoft, Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics say upfront it was a timed exclusive? Why all the indirect language? We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into Details.